WLA looking for Part-time Social Media Coordinator
Job Brief[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="400"] Grow the game on social media with the Western Lacrosse Association. Garrett James photo[/caption]
The Western Lacrosse Association (WLA) is looking for a young, talented, and passionate part-time Social & Digital Media Coordinator to create and maintain a strong online presence for the league. Your role is to implement online marketing and communications strategies through the league website and social media accounts, with a focus on increasing web traffic, social media dialogue, and fan engagement.
Â As a Social & Digital Media Coordinator, you will report to the WLA Commissioner and work with our member clubs to develop content and suggest creative and innovative ways to attract more fans and promote our game and our brand.
Â The Social & Digital Media Coordinator is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for sports and connecting with current and future fans. That passion comes through as he/she engages with fans on a regular basis, communicating the WLAâ€™s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract todayâ€™s modern, hyper-connected young fans, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Â The Social & Digital Media Coordinator will administer the WLAâ€™s social media marketing and advertising.
Administration includes but is not limited to:
* Development of brand awareness and online reputation
* Content management
* SEO and generation of inbound traffic
* Cultivation of leads and sales
The Social & Digital Media Coordinator is instrumental in managing the WLAâ€™s content-related assets.
Content management duties include:
* Support the creation and publishing of current, relevant, original, high-quality content
* Identify, educate, and improve WLA digital / online / social media presence and awareness, ensuring alignment and consistency
* Create a regular publishing schedule
* Work with the clubs to implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
* Promote content through social advertising
* Provide direction & leadership around current digital media trends
* Educate colleagues around the league to use social media in a consistent, cohesive, and beneficial way
* Create engaging text, image and video content
* Design posts to sustain fansâ€™ curiosity and create buzz
* Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
* Facilitate online conversations with fans and respond to queries
* Report on online reviews and feedback from fans
* Oversee social media accountsâ€™ layout
* Suggest new ways to attract prospective fans
* Related work social / digital media experience
* Expertise in multiple social media platforms
* Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
* Familiarity with online marketing strategies and channels
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
* Degree in Marketing, New Media or relevant field
Â If youâ€™re a young, energetic, up and coming social / digital media star who loves sports and is interested in developing your skills and resume, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter by email to email@example.com
Â Application deadline is Friday January 20, 2017.